Sunday 24 August 2014

Viral Marketing Lessons To Learn From The Ice Bucket Challenge



I can see everyone taking and posting videos of the ice bucket challenge. The other day I was sitting and wondering how did this challenge become so viral?? So I came up with some answers myself. Here are the reasons as to why I believe that the ice bucket challenge has become viral over the internet.

It is fun
The ice bucket challenge is fun to do. This is one of the main reasons that everyone is taking this challenge. While making your marketing campaign make sure that it is fun and involves people.

Short
The ice bucket challenge is short. I mean the videos are just 10 seconds long so they are easy to upload, share and watch. You don’t have to wait a long time for the “action” to happen. People these days don’t have a lot of time to wait and watch long videos.

Involves people

I always say people that these days marketing is not about ROMI-Return on marketing investment; rather it is ROMI- Return on marketing involvement. You have to get people involved in your campaigns. The ice bucket challenge does exactly the same thing, it involves people. You have to nominate 3 people after you who will take the challenge and then they nominate 3 others. This is how people get involved and they themselves share your campaign or videos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment